Cancellation and refund policy
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Classes
- If the student is unable to start class, a 100% program refund can be requested but no less than 2 weeks from the program start date (applicable for the academic year 2021). If the student has not requested a refund prior to 4 weeks from the course start date, refunds are not applicable. The refund request must be in writing and sent to email@example.com
- Every student who wishes to register is welcome to participate in a free trial class before deciding to finalise the enrolment process. After that, once lessons have begun payment is non-refundable. Swiss Masters Chess Academy does not, under any circumstance, give cash refunds to students who do not or cannot finish the program for which they have registered.
- It is the student’s responsibility to comply with the established schedule.
- The student must follow the agreed-upon class schedule. Only holidays established in the academic calendar sent out to students by Swiss Masters Chess Academy will be off days for students.
- A complete no-show to class results in the loss of class; make-ups are not possible.
- If a student arrives late to a group class, it is at the discretion of the instructor at which point to connect the tardy student to the class, whether immediately or waiting until a group activity already-in-progress has finished.
- In the case of two absences or two late arrivals per month, Swiss Masters Chess Academy recommends tutor sessions to catch up with the group at the additional cost of the hourly rate of the instructor. Should the student not do so and demonstrates a lack of knowledge in the group class sessions, this is measured by not knowing the material presented during the missed class time, Swiss Masters Chess Academy may deny students access without refund, as not to affect the academic progress of the other classmates.
- There is a minimum of 5 students per group and a maximum of 10 students. Group programs admit students in any period of the course duration; new students must take a placement test to verify their level.
- We always try our best to accommodate all students! However, in the event that less than 5 students remain in the class due to the withdrawal of other students, the group will be adjusted, thus the schedule of the classes might be altered. Otherwise, students will be presented with the option either to take private tutoring or participate in a smaller group, thus altering the number of hours of classes or the participation fees that will be established according to the Swiss Masters Chess Academy course pricing. The content of the course will be adjusted to the new course duration.
- If a student is involved in an act of cheating (or suspected to be involved), whether during an online or on-premise tournament organised by Swiss Masters Chess Academy or any other entity, he/she will have to face the Disciplinary Board Commission to evaluate further repercussions. Swiss Masters Chess Academy reserves the right to expel the student without issuing a refund.
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Workshops
If you notify us at least 14 days before the workshop date, you will be given the choice of:
1) a full refund.
2) a transfer to another workshop (other workshop dates are subject to availability).
If you notify us less than 14 days before the workshop date, you will be given the choice of:
1) a transfer to another workshop (other workshop dates are subject to availability).
2) a full refund only if we manage to fill the place from the waiting list, otherwise we will refund 50% of the total amount paid for the workshop.
If you notify us within 48 hours before the workshop date, or if you fail to present yourself at the workshop then we regret that there will be no refund and no transfer to another workshop, unless you manage to fill the place.
Swiss Masters Chess Academy reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop if the required number of at least 5 participants has not been reached.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to the tutor’s illness, we will reschedule the workshop or offer a transfer to another workshop up to the same value. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to the tutor’s absence or in any other circumstances, we will offer a full refund or transfer to another workshop up to the same value.
Refunds will be paid by the same method that the original payment was made.